The Project provides support for the supply of medicines to hospitals in Mykolaiv, Dnipro, and Kharkiv, Ukraine.
The aim is to receive and respond to requests for necessary medicines and supplies from hospitals and city administrations of these towns as quickly as possible. Thanks to its extensive ties with the city and regional administrations, the NGO Community Self-Help organizes the delivery of medicines to hospitals and medical stations on the front line, while accompanying the humanitarian aid along the entire route until it reaches the recipient. NGO Community Self-Help provides a safe route for each humanitarian aid delivery based on the current actual situation along the way. Through personal contacts with the chief physicians of individual departments and through the Kharkiv, Dnipro, and Mykolaiv city administrations, Community Self-Help NGO’s members constantly monitor the availability of medicines in these hospitals.
As of now Community Self-Help NGO:
- supported 20 hospitals, each having from 30 to 100 and more medical workers.
- at least 28,200 patients were supported by these hospitals.
- more than 2 tons of medicines were sent.
- these are more than 40 parcels that the Community Self-Help NGO sent to hospitals of the project.
- we purchased targeted medicines at the request of hospitals for almost 4000 EUR.
Project support by Fondation d’entreprise AIR LIQUIDE
Project implementation by: Community Self-Help, NGO
Total grant budget - 19000 EUR